In many industrial branches the task is: precise and low pulsation metering of liquids. Especially for this purpose, Mahr provides gear metering pumps which stands out due to excellent efficiency even at low viscosity at a significant counter pressure and achives low-shear metering of liquids.
Years of experience as well as realization of various projects has resulted from supporting of bare pump head in developing of whole metering equipment system, and now our product portfolio ranges from gear metering pumps to meter mix dispensing machines. Today, requirements on the single components are increasing both in production areas and in laboratories. In many cases it is not only common to monitor the process parameters, but also necessary. By means of modern sensor technology it is also possible to continuously monitor processing values of gear metering pumps like pressure, temperature, flow rate, leakage etc. Thus production breakdowns can be prevented
What advantages offer Mahr gear metering pumps compared to other alternative pumps?
- low operating and maintenance costs
- low maintenance requirements
- each single part can be replaced separately
- long durability due to technically customized layout for user-specific operating data
|Speed range U/min||40-200|
|Operating temperature||room temperature up to 400°C|
|Pump Material||in correlation to the metered liquids a variety of specialised steels and special materials are available|
|DLC coatings (others on request)||Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating improves the wear resistancy|
|Medium to be pumped||all kind of liquids including corrosive and abrasive media|
The pump drive connection is available in following types:
- shaft type
- plug type
Gear metering pump with drive unit
- Base plate with mounting block
- curved tooth coupling
- cardan shaft
- all-steel coupling
- magnetic coupling
- asynchronous gear motor
- servomotor / servo gear motor
- synchronous geared motor
The drive units are designed according to the operating conditions.
Coating technologies take a significant key position in the development of new products. The various coating technologies enlarge the application possibilities of the base materials. Furthermore, a coating reduces friction, wear and corrosion. In principle, all named materials can be coated depending on the specification.
Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) improves the properties:
- high surface hardness
- high wear protection
- smaller coefficient of friction
- better corrosion reduction to aggressive media
- higher chemical resistance / stability
- non-stick effect (reduced adhesion of polymers and other materials)
- high temperature firmness to 250°C
- excellent accuracy to size (no change of the high discharge accuracies)
- high economic efficiency through longer endurance and improvement of technological properties
- biocompatible, allows the use in the food industry and in the medical field
Sealing systems for the gear pumps
- gland packing optionally with barrier liquid
- radial shaft seal ring optionally with barrier liquid
- labyrinth seal
- mechanical seal, single, double and optionally with sealing liquid
- magnetic coupling
- II 2G Ex h T6...T1 Gb
- II 2G Ex h T6...T2 Gb
A version according to the Atex directive is available for the pump as well as for the drive.
Tempering of gear pump Electrical heating, liquid heating and cooling are available.
Further features The dosing pumps can be supplied with additional equipment according to requirements:
- speed control by inverter / servo controller
- pressure monitoring / control
- temperature monitoring / control
- flow monitoring / control
- evaluation options
- stand-alone dosing station or dosing module prepared for integration in machine environment
- communication to other machines or control systems
The entire pump portfolio cannot be completely listed due to the large number of available designs. The same applies to the fields of application. Please contact us!